Friday, May 13, 2011

Family Fun at the Gunnell Reunion!



Easter weekend there was a Charles B. and Myrtle Gunnell family reunion. It will be the last reunion with the combined families of the children of Charles and Myrtle. Future reunions will be individual families such as the J. Darwin. Gunnell family.


It was a wonderful reunion, I think the best yet! I didn't take a lot of pictures so I will give you a brief outline of activities. Friday morning there was a scramble golf tournament at Apache Wells golf course with about 20 participants. This was organized by Steve and it went very well. While some were playing golf those that wanted hiked to Wind Cave in Usery Park.


Steve and I had Cote, Crew,Cole and Brexton sleepover. We ate pizza, roasted marshmallows for S'mores and the boys built their tallest tinker toy tower yet! They all went to bed in a tent set up in the living room but by morning there were four boys spread all over the family room and living room.


As you can see the four boys and I hiked Wind Cave a 3 1/2 mile hike round trip. I was so proud of all of them!

1 comment:

Ina said...

A 3 1/2 mile hike for those four boys. Quite an adventure. It sounds like it was a great reunion. I know George loved being invited to play in the golf tournament with Stee, Brannon, and Karl.