Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Calgary Stampede

We had a fabulous time at The Calgary Stampede! I wanted to experience it once in my lifetime and now I can cross it off my "bucket list". Don't have too many pics as the action is way to fast to capture and we did have some rain on and off. We attended the Rodeo, the Chuck Wagon races, participated in a Flap Jack flip and catch competition,did some sight seeing, had the best prime rib dinner of my life and the worst two hamburgers on the face of the planet(truly the worst) lots of walking,watched a cutting horse competiton, a miniature horse show (Amanda would have loved it) saw Bill Anderson of the Grand Ole Opry perform,a grandstand show with singing,dancing,motor cross and fireworks. WoW!

I found the people of Avatar in Calgary Canada! Very friendly........


















2 comments:

Ina said...

Rain or not, what a fun, exciting trip for you and Steve! I am so glad you could do it!

Colburns said...

I really like the avatar person! ha Glad you guys had a good time!