Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Salt River Wild Horses and Piper Swims

Today we went to the Salt River so Cutter and Piper could swim. I wanted to post this picture of some of the Salt River Wild Horses. They were in the area were we always take the dogs.  Last week when we were kayaking we saw this same band of horses. They crossed the river just in front of our kayaks. At that time this little colt wasn't born yet. Today it was apparent this colt is only days old.  

My dogs began barking at the horses and the band rushed forward to surround the two young ones. It was a treat to witness. The dark horse in the center of the picture is the stallion.


 Today with very little coaxing Piper came out into the water with me deep enough to swim.  I think she enjoyed it! She came out several mores times and she would swim around me before heading back to shore.  Good job Piper!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is nothing that thrills me more than to see a herd of wild horses. We are fortunate to live in an area where they run free. It is exciting to see the colts.
Now that she has taken the plunge, Piper is going to love swimming.