Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Kayaks

July was a busy month for Steve and I.  I had a Ward Girls Camp,a Stake Girls Camp,a trip to San Diego and our trip to Panaca,Nevada for the Sesquicentennial Celebration. When I was food shopping for Stake Girls Camp I noticed Costco had kayaks on sale for an extremely good price.  We came back and bought two but they sat in the garage waiting for our adventures to be over.

Monday morning we decided to try them out kayaking down the Salt River.  We had a great time and the kayaks worked beautifully.

I wish I had a camera but didn't want to get one wet! There was a group of wild horses in the river as we came around a bend.  The grey stallion decided to move his herd across the river right in front of us. There was a young colt with the group who was reluctant to cross as it was deep and he would be swimming.  His mom stayed back with him to encourage and push him (literally) along. He finally took the plunge and crossed.  Beautiful scenery and wildlife!   



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the green kayaks. You and Steve are going to have some fun times with them. I love hearing about the wild horses.