Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Youch!

This is my boy Santannah,y'all know him. Handsome isn't he?


This is what Santannah's hoof print looks like. The good news is that it looks to be well trimmed but the bad news is that it is imprinted on my side!
Thursday morning I had a ride planned with my neighbor Teri and our friend Ken. We were going to ride out to Mammoth Steakhouse at the Gold Mine. I saddled up and headed over to Teri's house. When I arrived Ken wasn't quite ready to go. I made the decision to dismount as I thought it would take awhile. As I started to dismount and I had one foot in the stirrup and one foot out and swinging over Santannah's back he spooked and bolted. I fell off,hit the ground hard flat on my back and then Santannah stepped on me as he ran off! I did get up,brush myself off and went on the 8 mile ride. Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done. It was a fun ride but I was in a world of hurt for the entire ride.

On Saturday morning I was in so much pain I decided I needed to go the the hospital and have my ribs x-rayed. They decided to do a cat-scan because of where he stepped on me. They were concerned about my liver,spleen,gallbladder and ribs. I have deep contusions and bruising and possibly a few cracked ribs! I will be pretty sore for a few weeks but I am very grateful because it could have been so much worse!

2 comments:

The Monrreal's said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch...luckily he didn't step a few inches higher. Sorry for the possible cracked ribs, no fun!! Stay safe out there on that GORGEOUS horse.

Ina said...

Viewing Santannah's hoofprint in living color, I have to say it is beautiful Thinking of how, and where, he imprinted it, I have to say that the ouch factor is off the charts. Still, and all, you are one lucky cowgirl! I think, perhaps, on both yours and Steve's part, your cruise has been a bit compromised. Darn!