Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Parents 60th Wedding Anniversary

 On May 24th 2011 my parents,George Paul Wimsatt Jr and Ina Mae Wadsworth Wimsatt celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary!

As part of our celebration held in July (I will have another post about that) I'm happy to say we had family pictures taken and I wanted to share some of those pictures on my blog.

I am blessed to have the most wonderful parents and as a result of that a great family. Unfortunately,not  many marriages last for 60 plus years in the world today. I'm sure if you asked my parents they would tell you it wasn't always easy,that at times it took hard work.  Why have they endured? Because they love each other,have the same goals and eternal perspective,keep their covenants, are committed to their family and each other and most importantly they are both selfless. 

My Dad is selfless,dedicated,a hard worker,talented (he can fix,cook or build anything and do one heck of a job,sings and has a beautiful voice)humble,has a testimony, a sense of humor and he will always have your back even when you don't deserve it. 

My Mom is selfless,loving,talented(sews,cooks,writes,crafts and so much more)has a testimony and love for her pioneer heritage and ancestors. One thing my Mom excels at is making every outing,activity or  family tradition the most special experience for everyone involved.

I always knew my parents could do or fix almost anything. If it wasn't fixable I knew they were there to support,encourage and love me through it. 

Now you have a little glimpse as to why I am so blessed. ENJOY!





 The gang is all here!
 From left to right,my younger brother Craig,me,parents and my older brother Paul
 Adding my husband Steve and Paul's wife Joanne. Craig was feeling a little lonely but that will change in December when he marries his fiancé Tracey!

 From left to right-Chris holding Ryann,Ethan,Jeni,Joanne,Paul and Justin


 From left to right-Trey,Jenna holding Montana,me,Steve holding Nixin,Brinton,Brexton,Charlotte,Cote




 From left to right-Miranda,Craig,Joshua,Hannah


 My parents with their posterity-grandchildren and great-grandchildren

1 comment:

Ina said...

Thank you for the kind words, Rhonda. One thing that makes it possible for George and I to be,as you say "good parents", is that we have such amazing children who have loved and honored their parents. We have the mnost wonderful family. I am so proud of each one of you; children and their spouses, grandchildren and spouses, and the little ones, our great grandchildren who bring such joy to our lives. Thank you for being such a very special daughter and friend!