Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Polar Express,Deer Farm and Gingerbread Houses

I love family traditions! I am so thankful for parents who loved family and started some wonderful traditions. I have to say that my Mom did things right. Her Gingerbread houses were made from scratch where mine have evolved into store bought kits! Still it is a family tradition enjoyed by myself and my siblings,my children and my siblings children,now my grandchildren and my brother Paul's grandchildren! As you can see this tradition is loved by all store bought kits or not,the candy is just as delicious! 


 Montana made a gingerbread cup :)) and sampled all the candy! Harlee will do the same next year.Brinton's family are pros and we were happy to welcome Brinton's FIANCE,Allison and her daughter Presley(check out Presley lovin the licorice) to the mayhem!
 The Gunnell boys,Crew,Cole and Cash,Brexton,and Nixin were all doing such an awesome job. Gracie and Presley were enjoying the candy and looking adorable.
 Martin had their house all planned out! Miller was right there helping,gotta love that face! As you can see our sweet Mallory has a mouthful of candy :))

On to the Polar Express. This is another family tradition that we don't always do every year and not always with everyone but has been a lot of fun. This year for the first time we went with my brother Paul and his family and I can honestly say a good time was had by all! This was the first year we did not have snow,I love the snow but I have to admit I enjoyed being a little warmer and not not worrying about the kids getting soaked!
 Matching PJ's is part of the tradition. Cote and Brexton rocked their long johns and the girls were super cute in their matching PJ's. Harlee was ringing the bell Santa gave her.
 Chris and Jeni,Montana and Ryann,Paul and Joanne,stalker Trey and Brinton and Allison. 
 Beautiful families!
 Now we have a mix of Deer farm pictures and Polar Express pics. I loved Montana's pink hat and pink jacket a gift from her other grandma. Ethan on the train. Nixin and Montana riding the deer.
 Coincidentally Nixin's best friend Bella was at Polar Express and the Deer farm. Ryann wasn't to sure about feeding the deer. Brexton looked super cool in his leathers feeding the deer and Montana was a crack up. If the deer tried to eat the food out of her cup she would push their head away and tell them NO! Then she would put some in her hand and feed them!
 Harlee enjoyed hangin with Papa and of course Ethan and Brexton would be on the tractor.
My fav Polar Express hat,Justin hang in with the boys,Papa and Cote and Steve and I with Brinton's and Allison's crew. As you can see a good time was had by all. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Ina said...

These pictures are sure fun. Stress aside, I love the Christmas Season. And, I truly love and apreciate Family Traditions. Thanks for keeping them going.