Thursday, October 11, 2012

Great Day at the Zoo

I decided to take my camera to the Zoo on Wednesday because I was hoping the Zebra had her baby. Not only did she have a cute little male colt but I caught a few other fun pictures. 

My Mom wasn't able to go today so I thought I would post a few pictures!

 I posted this picture of the prairie dog because my mom has a history with these seemingly sweet and adorable creatures. You wouldn't think that something so cute could be vicious but they can! The condensed version of the story is......When my mom was a young girl she and some friends were out walking or perhaps they were seeking out the prairie dogs I'm not sure. Mom was wearing a new winter coat.That was a luxury, you needed to make that jacket last! They came across a prairie dog and my mother caught it and wrapped it in her beautiful new coat to carry it home. When she arrived home the prairie dog had shredded the interior lining of her beautiful new coat! I'm pretty sure she was in big trouble too!
 A fun picture of one of our Sumatran tigers. I think it is the female Hadia. She was very active this morning and came close by for a drink. She reached out and started playing with the barrel in the water. Sumatran tigers can and do swim.
 Two pictures of the baby Chilean flamingos. They are growing but are still grey fluff balls.

 When I made it to the Andean bear exhibit I found one of them swimming in the pool. I think it is the male Rizzaro. I have never seen him swim before. It was fun to watch and he swam for a long time.


 He climbed out,shook himself off and went to join Rio the female Andean bear.


 Love this miniature Brahma's  face.
 The reason I brought my camera to the zoo,our new baby Zebra. He is not named yet. He is three days old and this is his first day on exhibit.
Adorable!

2 comments:

Ina said...

Wow! I missed a fun day at the zoo. I hate it when I can't go. Our new little zebra colt is adorable. In all of the years since we got our first Andean bear,only once have a seen one in the water. I would love to see Rizzaro swimming. The day, so many years ago, when I wtapped a Prarie Dog in my new coat and he ruined it, was one of the worst days of my life. And, you are right, I was in big trouble, your sweet Granny was not a happy mommy.
Thankfully, she was an expert seamstress and was able to make a new lining for my beautiful coat, but she reminded me that it was time and money wasted, albeit, in a gentle and kind way which I didn't deserve.

Betsy, Ivory Rose and Tusker said...

the baby zebra is adorable..just trolling blogs. looks like you have a fun life. betsy in alaska