Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time Steve had chicken envy! Scott has built the most incredible chicken coup,truly amazing,I'm not kidding,you have to see it to believe it,its a mini mansion......I could go on and on about how fabulous it is. Scott,Carrie, Martin,Miller and Mallory have approximately 33 chickens in said chicken mansion. Steve with his chicken envy decided he too must have chickens.

My first thought was, no! Only because I already take care of three horses,two high energy dogs,my African Grey Kya and two desert tortoises. Yesterday Steve told me he had found a chicken coup he wanted to buy, he would be responsible for the chickens and better yet Scott and Carrie and the kids were going to give us two chicken! Once I committed I actually became very excited and read the first book about caring for chickens that Carrie let me borrow.



My Dad always bought the Rhode Island Reds when I was growing up. My Mom told me today that my granddad  always had White Leghorns and Rhode Island Reds. Steve likes both of those so we chose a White Leghorn and a Rhode Island Red. Our Rhode Island Red is named Little Red Riding Hood aka "Red",our Leghorn is Snow White aka "Snow".

Heres our chicken coup. I'm happy to say that Steve no longer has chicken envy,in fact he is actually outside checking on them right now,I love it! Thanks Scotty and Carrie!

1 comment:

Ina said...

What a cute chicken coop. Love the chickens! Love their names!