Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rattlesnake Times Three

I went for a ride this morning on Santannah while it was a little cooler outside. When I came back I took Santannah's saddle off and put him away. I went next door to help Terri with trailer training her babies. I was gone for about an hour. When I came back I walked into the tack room,I had left the door open while I was gone, and a rattlesnake was stretched out across the floor. I shut the door and went up to the house to get Steve. I yelled over to Terri and her friend Bobby also came over. I checked the tack room and he had crawled all the way onto the carpet. I shut the door again and went to get my camera. When I came back he was slithering under the shelves by my cabinet. Bobby grabbed a rake and started pulling him out.
Once Bobby pulled him out Steve went after him with a hoe. He was quick and trying to get away. There were sparks flying where the hoe was connecting with the concrete.

Steve the snake killer strikes again. He managed to cut his head off. Bobby took the snake for the skin. This one was larger than the last.
I'm glad I walked into the tack room when I did. I would hate to think the snake would have crawled under the shelves and someone would have entered the tack room unaware.



2 comments:

Ina said...

Scary! I don't think I am going to walk into your tack room.

Aunt Carrie said...

That is discusting!!!! AHHHHHH! I would have freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!