Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread Houses and Zoolights

We had loads of fun making gingerbread houses with all of our grandkids.
Didn't they do a great job? Thanks to my mom, Ina, for starting this Christmas tradition, first with her children (that would be Paul, Rhonda and Craig) then with our children, her grandchildren (Justin, Jeni, Brinton and Trey, Miranda, Hannah and Josh) now my grandchildren, her great grandchildren!
After gingerbread houses we all went to Zoolights, another tradition started by my Mom. She has been a Phoenix Zoo volunteer for many years. How many Mom? We are so lucky to have such a special lady who enjoys life and loves her family. I hope these family traditions carry on for generations to come. The above picture my niece Miranda and Christina at Zoolights.

Crew and Martin


Christina, Steve and Brexton



Nixin loved Zoolights




Martin and Cote, their teeth light up, if I had turned off my camera flash we could have seen that.






2 comments:

Ina said...

I absolutely love this post! Great pictures! Nice sentiments! I am so happy that traditions are being carried on in our family. It went back another generation when my mom did houses and gingerbread men with me and my siblings. The boys did a great job on their houses! Oh, I have been a Zoo Volunteer for almost 18 years.

Colburns said...

The houses do look so good. We wish we could be there, but only 8 more days and we will be there to see you all. Zoolights looked fun. How was it this year?